Do you need to fix your home? WINZ may help
An unhealthy home isn’t good. It can aggravate allergies, lead to sickness and cause injuries — particularly during wintertime. So, if you are a homeowner, some repairs may be necessary to protect you and your family from the cold and damp. But, what if your struggling to make ends meet and cannot afford the cost?
WINZ may help
The good news is that, depending on your situation, you could be eligible for up to $1000 from Work and Income New Zealand (WINZ).
Here are some of the criteria from the WINZ website:
- You home needs repairs to reach a reasonable living standard.
- You are a beneficiary or a pensioner.
- The need is essential and urgent.
- Your bank can’t help you.
WINZ will assess whether you qualify by looking at your money and assets and how much your spouse/partner earns.
We’re a WINZ-approved supplier
So, why are we talking about the cost of home maintenance? Well, with most Work on home-maintenance projects, comes waste — timber, tiles, pipes, etc. And, of course, it takes money to remove these things for recycling and disposal. But, the thing is, Pink Bins is a registered WINZ supplier. This means that you can use some of the money that WINZ provides to hire a bin from us.
How to apply
To receive a payment from WINZ to make repairs on your home, you’ll need to meet with them. You can book an appointment and find out what you need by logging into MyMSD login. If you have costs to pay within 24 hours, you can call WINZ on 0800 559 009.
When you meet with WINZ, you need proof of the following:
- that you own or have joint ownership of your home
- that you live in your home
- the cost of Work that needs to be done
- that you approached a bank or other financial provider for help but were unsuccessful.
How to order a Pink Bin
- First, phone or email us to request a WINZ quotation. Please include your full name, address, contact phone number and the size of the bin you require.
- We will then send a quotation to you via your email address that you can take to your case manager for approval.
- WINZ will make a payment on the same day or the next, and we will call you to book the bin once payment comes through.
You can have the bin on site for four days (which we will confirm when booking the bin). You just need to fill the bin to level. All the other details of your booking will be on the quote.
Tip: When we deliver your bin, please don’t move it. The driver will place your bin in a place where it can be picked up safely later on. To make sure that we put your bin in a convenient location, please talk to the driver.